I like to freeze time with shutters.
Thank you for stopping by my photography blog, here you will find photographs and personal ramblings from my various photo shoots & adventures.
- Nicole

Monday, January 28, 2013

Golden Hour at Sutro Baths



As I mentioned before, I will be posting a couple of shoots and adventures that I have not released yet. So before I can talk about how awesome Prague has been to me, I must acknowledge the beauties of my California home. During the last weekend of living in San Francisco, I finally had the chance to get together with one of my great friends, and fellow photographer, Jen Cabugao.  We met almost a year ago, and it took us until now to finally hang out, which is ridiculous because we are alike in so many ways, it was obvious we would become close friends. Anyways, I took her to my most favorite spot in San Francisco - Sutro Bath Ruins, where I shot for my final portfolio for my photography class at school (San Francisco Art Institute), and have gone to shoot countless times in the past.

We went during golden hour - which is my most favorite time to shoot. The light is so warm and romantic, it creates such a magical feeling.  I usually hate shooting in direct sunlight because of the harshness, so being able to experience the sun rays at this time of day is beautiful.



(shot by Jen)

(shot by Jen)


(shot by Jen)



(shot by Jen)



We were so busy exploring, that we ended up shooting until sunset.




I am definitely going to miss this place. In one area, I have the forests, abandoned military forts, architectural ruins, and the ocean.  It's a perfect getaway from the noisy streets of San Francisco, and a perfect way to say good-bye to my Bay Area home!

No comments:

Post a Comment