I like to freeze time with shutters.
Thank you for stopping by my photography blog, here you will find photographs and personal ramblings from my various photo shoots & adventures.
- Nicole

Monday, February 18, 2013

Photo shoot | CET Lighting Seminar with Hana Abrahámová

Model: Hana Abrahamova

Last Friday the CET photography students got to participate in a portraiture/lighting seminar. And by CET photo students, I really mean myself, Rachel, and Chris - since we are the only ones in the whole department.  At first, I thought this was extremely odd, only having 2 other people in your classes, but I've grown to like it a lot.  Since there are so few of us, we have more say in what we want to do in classes and in our workshops/seminars.  Plus we get a chance to know our professors and the photographers that come in to teach us on a more personal level.
(quick behind the scenes shot that I snapped while Rachel was shooting)
(more BTS photos from my Iphone)
The lighting seminar was very informal and fun, our teacher - Honza, allowed us to work freely with the model and helped out with lighting.  It was nice to have an unstructured learning environment rather than listening to a professor lecture about lighting techniques. For the day, Rachel was able to book a professional model, Hana Abrahamova, through an agency - Czechoslovak Models. Which made the day shooting so much smoother (THANK YOU Rachel!!). Overall, it was a great day and I can't wait for our next shooting seminar this friday. :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment