I like to freeze time with shutters.
Thank you for stopping by my photography blog, here you will find photographs and personal ramblings from my various photo shoots & adventures.
- Nicole

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

CET Lighting Seminar

(Model: Hana P.)

Near the end of February, CET organized yet another lighting seminar for our photo department.  This seminar consisted of a full day of working and shooting at an off-site studio space (From 10am-7pm!). It was a bit more formal and intensive, and we were lucky enough to be supplied with...
An amazing stylist, Renee Le Petit.
Who also doubled our awesome hair and make-up artist!
Absolutely stunning clothing pieces from a local fashion designer, Karolina Jurikova. As well as some of the most creatively designed shoes I've ever seen, by shoe designer Markéta Šohajová.
AND a gorgeous photography studio that had beautiful stone walls that gave us a nice, more organic alternative to the usual white and black backdrops with huge windows that allowed for natural light to shine throughout the studio all day.  The best part of it all was that the studio doubled as a loft, where a local Czech photographer (and friend of our Lighting seminar mentor) actually lives.  I couldn't believe the space we were photographing in.  It was exactly the kind of space that I dream of living and working in one day.  Everything about it screamed ARTIST, it was just the best environment to get the creative juices flowing - I could go on and on about it, but I will stop now.
 To accompany us during the shoot, was this army of cameras. I was super excited to shoot with the Mamiya RB67 - a beast of a medium format camera that I checked out at our school, FAMU. I also shot with my Rolleiflex medium format camera (I will post the photos once I scan in the negatives!), and of course, my Canon 60D.

Here are some of my favorite shots from the day, enjoy!

Here is my sequence for a homework assignment I shot for my Fashion Photography class. The theme was "mainstream," it was very broad and general so I didn't really know where to start.  I thought of what American ads I was used to seeing while growing up, and the one campaign that stuck was the "Got Milk" advertisements. So I thought, why not create one of those? But instead of the classic milk moustache, I decided to douse my model in the lactose liquid as well. ;)
   
And lastly, here are my two favorite shots from my roll I shot with the Mamiya! (Inspired by my absolute favorite photographer, Guy Bourdin.)

No comments:

Post a Comment